Saturday, May 5, 2012

focused on Glory (barely)

I am barely getting an foG post in this week. It's been a little busy physically, spiritually, and emotionally. I hardly picked up my camera at all. The few shots I took weren't what I was wanting, and I almost gave up on this week.


I realized that I really haven't been focusing on God's glory. Maybe that explains the hopelessness that was creeping up on me. I was on the phone with my mom this week, and I told her that I think my hoper was on its last leg. It has taken a beating lately. There have been several medium to BIG things for which I had been hoping and praying. 


None of those hopes came true. It felt like I had been kicked- a few times.


In doing what she does best, my mama loved on me and encouraged me to keep hoping (and praying). Likewise, my daddy also did something very sweet for me. When I asked why he replied, "Because I love you."


So today's picture is another of my precious parents. It is from the archives, but I don't think my four readers are going to care that it wasn't taken this week. Here it is. Aren't they cute?



I am so thankful for my parents. Ours isn't a perfect relationship, but it works more often than not. That brings up another reason my heart is heavy. 


On April 23rd (Daddy's birthday) I received a text from my friend Cathy telling me that a young friend of mine from Nashville had just lost her father. It was sad news. Little did Cathy know that 10 days later she would lose her father suddenly. More heartache. On April 30th another precious friend's father had a heart attack. Tammi lost her mother a year and a half ago. Now she is sitting with her father as they wait for him to  join Miss Lois at the feet of Jesus. Today Mr. David's son Scott wrote on facebook, "We are thankful for each moment we get to spend with him. He is still teaching us." 


I adore this family. And what a testimony! If that isn't a kick start in the Glory direction I don't know what is. Mr. David Mills is a great man. His love for Christ was lived out loud. He will be missed, but I know he is excited to see the face of Jesus.

I didn't know the other two fathers, but they must have been pretty amazing to have turned out the families they did. My heart hurts for those families, but I know that they also have peace and joy in their pain.

So hope isn't gone. I've just been out of focus. I have to go now. I need to see a carpenter about getting my hoper fixed.



I hope you guys stopped by Jef's BLOG
Don't miss out on her foG post.



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that pic of your mom and dad. That is wonderful!!!

What a sad time for your friends. And yet a precious time, too, the going home of His saints. Funny,my daddy taught me many things in our almost 37 years together, but I've been thinking a lot this week about the things he taught me in his very last days and hours. Sweet, hard, grateful memories and intense lessons. <3

I'm so sorry you are having such a hard week. (((Hugs))) Love you and praying for you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips