Tuesday, April 17, 2012

focused on Glory (through laughter)

I told my adorable, little mama that I needed practice catching the light in eyes, and she agreed to be my model. The only problem was that there was very little shade in which she could stand that faced the open sky and setting sun.


The solution? Cram together on the front porch. By the time I had my camera mounted on the tripod, Mama was left with about four square feet to stand with the sun invading inch by inch.


We started out fine, but we quickly turned silly. Silly turned ridiculous, and ridiculous soon produced laughter and snorts loud enough to make the neighbors peek outside, but I didn't care because I love to laugh! Laughing is my favorite.


I know I've said this before, and I'll say it again and again. I am thrilled that God gave us laughter. I bet He giggles at our amusement. Zephaniah 3:17 tells us that He delights in us.


Many of the photos were crazy, some candid, and all charming. I hope you enjoy them.


And I hope our laughter made God smile. Mostly I hope that someone will be able to see His glory in our delight. 




Cute.



Beautiful!

This is a bonus from my phone. Mom, Mary, Caitie and I were walking. Caitie and I left the slowpokes behind. When we heard a motorcycle coming up behind us we turned, and this is what we saw. Mama was hitching a ride with Greg. She even stole his helmet. I wish I had been quicker with the camera app because her smile was HUGE!


Don't forget to stop by Ponderings of an Elect Exile to see Jennifer's posts. She's on vacay this week, and that usually means more good stuff!

One more thought.
The reason I put my name and copyright on most of my photos isn't because I think they are worthy of being stolen. I'm very aware of my amateur status.  It's usually to keep someone from taking an image of a loved one. This happened to Jennifer, and I don't want to have to deal with that headache if I don't have to.













No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips