Tuesday, March 20, 2012

focused on Glory (unexpected outing)

I called my friend Kristi Sunday afternoon because I missed her. We talked for half an hour and were talking about when we could get together. She mentioned how she wanted to go to Garvan Woodland Gardens before the tulips were gone, so we decided to jump in our cars and go. It was to be my first trip to GWG, and I adore spontaneous trips. THANKS Kristi!

NOTE:
Jennifer (who is also part of focused on Glory) loves tulips and told me last week that she wished she could have  visited Garvan Gardens for the tulips this year. While I am sad she missed the display, I hope she will enjoy the pictures that follow. 
 Inside the bell tower near the chapel.



 This ruffled variety was my favorite!

 Such fun company for the day.

 OBU colors.


 Even as they were beginning to decay they took my breath away.





 Inside the pavillion.

 The Japanese Maples were stunning- and fun to touch.






Inside the chapel.
I can't wait to see what Jennifer posts this week on her BLOG.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh, Oh, OH...I LOVE these pictures!! I am trying SO hard not to be jealous, but your photos are the next best thing to being there. Thank you for sharing these! Breathtakingly beautiful. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips