Tuesday, January 31, 2012

focused on Glory (in recovery)


There's pretty much nothing worse than an uninvited, unwelcome guest- except when that guest brings company of their own. My "friend" bronchitis has been visiting and brought sinusitis along too. This is their first stopover this year, and they've promised to call again. I thought I had removed that welcome mat. That said, I'd been stuck inside the house for five years and I was ITCHING to get out! (So maybe it was five days instead of years, whatever- it wasn't fun.) 

Yesterday was the first day I felt well enough to walk out the front door, and true to form I did more than I should have. And I don't regret it one bit!

I needed to check on a friend's empty house and asked Mom if she wanted to take a drive with me. My friend's house sits on 12 acres, and the weather provided the perfect opportunity to walk somewhere besides to the kitchen

There are about a dozen of these birdhouses scattered around the yard area. The simplicity is charming.

On the same post as the birdhouse was an empty barb- the wire long since removed. The moss growing on the post is so pretty.

It was clear and sunny when we arrived, but then the most amazing clouds rolled in to give the sky so much interest and character.

There were daffodils sprouting all over the place, as if it wasn't still winter. Mom decided to pick some along the side fence. (This shot is zoomed in. Mama was about 70 yards from me. It's a BIG yard.)
The sweet reward.

I am so thankful God made such a glorious day for me. And I am thankful for a healing body. What a loving, beautiful God we have!


Be sure to check out Jennifer's blog HERE. She has been catching up on her posting, and it's good stuff.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad you are better! And glad you were able to get out. LOVE these...especially the one of your mama. <3 And you figured out the logo...looks great! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the "barb," it makes a very interesting photo, especially since it's partially buried in the old wood.
Dee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips