Monday, September 29, 2008

There Is No Stopping Me

I found this charming patio at The Standard restaurant on 8th Avenue North next to the Baptist Sunday School Board building. I would love to have lunch at this darling establishment. If any of you have eaten there let me know what you think of their menu.


Click on the photo below to see the message on the bench.

Obviously this is the Berger Building. It is also on 8th Avenue North across the street from the BSSB building. I do not know anything about this building other than it has been on the National Historic Registry since 1984.


This metal plate is on the back steps of the Frist Center for the Visual Arts.


I'm not sure why this doorway caught my attention as I passed it by. It is to a club on 4th Avenue called Embers. I will not describe the putrid conglomeration of odors that assaulted me as I paused to snap this shot.

At first glance this may look like metal bars over a window. Actually this is an inverted plastic crate I saw inside The Arcade.

The Arcade. For those not in Nashville, The Arcade is an enclosed alley that runs between 4th and 5th Avenues downtown.
I promise this is the end for a while. Thanks for putting up with my little obsession.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

It had better not be the end!!

These are great...they just keep getting better and better. You've inspired me...I think I'm going to go downtown this week and take pics at Brunwick Place (do you remember that?)

K and Crew said...

T- We need to do lunch.... what a setting! The photos are so beautiful and creative, you are so very talented. ~K&CREW~

Anonymous said...

Wow sissy, I love your pictures Instead of redoing Caitie's room I could see us redoing my room and framing some of your pictures around my room.Just an idea.Love you!Don't stop the pictures,but don't stop the writing either.

Sarah said...

Tauna, I am in awe of your pictures. They are incredible!! What kind of camera do you have? I may have to go hunting for some "Kodak Moments" LOL!

Angie said...

Cool pics Tauna! You have a great eye.

t marie said...

Wow guys, thanks! What sweet encouragement. And I really thought you guys would revolt if I had one more post full of photos.

J - I think I do remember that place.
K - I'd love to do lunch w/you.
Sis - love you.
S - the camera isn't even mine.
A - omw! How the heck are you?? I just checked out your blog. Love your photos of the fam!

Unknown said...

Those were amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips