Thursday, April 24, 2008

Weekend at Home

I had so much fun at home a couple of weekends ago. I had a lunch date with my mom and sister, a sleepover with my niece and nephews, a photo shoot with the kids, a birthday party for the kids, a dinner date with college friends, and a tea party.
Whew. I packed a lot into 3 days and enjoyed every minute.
(Blogger is still driving me crazy with the spacing issues. Please forgive things that are smashed together.)
Here is our table as it was almost completed. We were
so into the party that I forgot to snap a shot of the finished setting.
We had such fun with hats, scarves, and jewelry.
Caitie even dressed up the Haitian doll I gave her.

Mary was playing with my vintage umbrella and I had to jump in. Silly sisters.

Daddy brought freshed picked tulips for our tea party. He saved
them from the mower at work. Isn't that sweet!
We put them on the coffee table in an ironstone pitcher and
surrounded them with hats for the party.
Mom, Mary, and I went to Conway, AR for a girls day.
We ate at my favorite sandwich shop in the world.
If you are ever in Conway you simply must visit Stoby's.
It really is a local institution.

We took the kids to the capitol for pictures.
The AR State Capitol is a 3/4 square replica of the nation's
capitol. I wish I could have gotten a dome shot but it didn't work out.

We had to throw in a fun shot.


The kids were tired and just relaxing when I snapped this shot.
It turned out to be one of my favorites.
I must say it was a whirlwind but I wouldn't have changed anything. Squeezing in my college friends at the last minute was a special treat. I haven't seen Kristi in months and Stacey in years. It was so good to catch up with Stacey and her husband Chris and to meet their son. What a wonderful weekend. I am truly blessed.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Okay, so you are trying to make me DIE of homesickness, right???? :-D I want Stoby's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that that is over with...

1. The tea party looks like *way* too much fun.

2. How can those kids be so grown up????? They all look wonderful, but waaayy too old!! ;-)

3. Mary still has some of the most beautiful eyes in the whole world.

4. Can we say "spitting image"???? Caitie looks JUST exactly like Mary looked when I first met her. Wow.

5.*Where*, oh where, is your sweet mama?? I want to see her smiling face. :)

It looks like a wonderful trip...thank you for letting me enjoy it vicariously in blogland!

Ashli said...

That looks like sooooo much fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips